Monday, April 23, 2007

What makes me happy

Well, this a question I ask myself so many times , as to what would gives me happiness. If people around me give happiness , if having a good time makes me happy,if buying something for me makes me happy . Yeah these things do make me happy , but they are so very ephemeral,so very non-lasting. It is non lasting because I keep expecting something or the other always & people around me being humans may not be able to react I way I expect them to always , & though I may buy something good for today , tomorrow I may need something else .
But if I think of it, Iam really happy when I think &I speak & I act the same .Iam happy when I learn something new , Iam happy when I maintain a calm & remain unaffected by situation .But seeking happiness is what Iam here for & this journey will go on till I realize the ultimate truth of eternity.

6 comments:

My Cogitations said...

i agree with u, our mind keeps oscillating between the past and the future,in search of future happiness we dont pay attention to the present state of mind,hence at this present moment we r not happy the same goes with the past too,this happens in my case too. i am nt sure wht exactly i want,wht will make me happy, we say so many times, ohh i am soo happy, i am soo excited, i am happy for u.....but all that is momentary, i guess the key to happiness is living in the present,with a balance of cherishing the past and dreaming about the future.
well written, keep up the good work.

Aria said...

Hey ur comment is better than my blog :)

AK said...

Life is a collection of innumerable minute moments, if going out with friends makes us happy that ensures a few moments added into our happiness record, if reading books make us happy, a few more added to this record. But there is no such thing in this world which can keep anybody happy for ever. Not possible at all. So why not enjoy even the small small though ephemeral, non-lasting things and fill up our happiness bags :o) "A little on lot is still a lot"

But I am so happy for our Chutku Suppi, I knew you are mature but she too has matured a lot. I am impressed by her thinking :o) So Bothe sisters rock isn't it ;o)?

Aria said...

Hey Akshatha ,
You are correct . Small joys are always better .
Well Supriya has matured a lot .I guess younger of the two sisters is always more responsible & mature :) .That includes u too AK

sorabh said...

A beautiful thought and a true essence for living this life.
Beginning to seek itself is a way towards eternity, how do I know because I believe. Happiness is what you believe in today, tomorrow and forever. Sometimes when we feel blue and can’t believe, it seems so hard to find happiness but we forget it right within ourselves. Look from those eyes, every bit reflects you and its happiness.

Nonetheless ... I agree with Akshatha, Kudos to both of you. Revati, I had seen this touch in her since I met during college days but never saw this side of suppu.
Keep up the good work girls.

Shady said...

Good start :D
Lets Hope we get to read more of ya