Sunday, April 22, 2007

The Kite Runner

This is my first blog & I write it with much hesitation . So I thought let me start with something close to my heart .
Thanks to my mother , Iam an avid reader . This habit goes back to days in school when I & my sis would read a lot of Tinkle , Disney World etc .Gradually the taste got better over years , though a good comic would still bring back a smile on my face .

Last year or so I got my hands on a book called "The Kite Runner " by Khaled Hosseini. Its a beautiful book & the writer is very prolific . Its about a boy who has his childhood in a war torn Afghanistan , its about how beautiful once the country was , its about how the children are same everywhere . But above all its a story of ironies of human nature . The human guilt that one has . And to get back that clear conscience again , We are all after all caught between two.
Sometimes I wonder whether one bad action of human being makes him do many good deeds just to come out of that guilty conscience. I wonder whether a conscience in making is due to circumstances we grow. And who can define what a clear conscience is .
Hmm , I chuckle & have to say " Its all in the mind "

6 comments:

Vasudha said...

Hi Revathi,

After a long time I read something which has come from thoughts and feelings ie. brain and heart.

Its a good piece of work and very good work of a starter.

Please do keep the habit of putting thougts and in words.

All good luck !!!!

Aria said...

Thanks a lot Vasudha :)

NeoPurush said...

coola!!!
keep it up

Aria said...

Hey Purush,
Thanks yaar !

AK said...

Hey Reva, Good work. You know this was a gifted book to me and I must say shows us what the true life is. It was very painful at places and to see the wild face of humans.

Aria said...

Ya true . Thanks for visiting my blog